- Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Mal/Inara icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. A Sentinel story, your choice. Slash would be my choice, but this is your choice.
2. A list of christmas songs that are your favorites, so I can build my Christmas music. Grey got me started last year.
3. A story written for My Mongoose for the March Ezine.
4. Happiness and joy for all of December. What the hell, how about the year?
5. Does anyone have copies of Dexter from Season three on DVD?
6. Wallpapers for The Sentinel.
7. Wallpapers for Due South. RayK
8. Ten Christmas icons with Snoopy or another cartoon character.
9. A piece of cover art for one of my stories for My Mongoose.
10. Good things to happen for my daughter who not only broke her leg but has had some medical issues too.